Direkt zum Inhalt
x

Campotosto

Campotosto is situated 43 Km far from L'Aquila city on the northern shore of the Campotosto Lake. The village is situated on a slope at 1420 mt above sea level on the righte shore of the Fucino river. The village has been under the Amatrice jurisdiction until the 18. century and then it became part of the l'Aquila county. In 1388 the fight between L'Aquila and Amatrice due to border issues caused many damages to Campotosto. During the first half of the 16. century Carlo V donated the feuds of Campotosto, Montereale and Capitignano to De Medici family, and later it was donated to the Farnese family through a marriage. Since 1642 it was a feud of the duke Francesco Barile. Today Campotosto is part of the Gran Sasso Monti della Laga Nationalpark and the “Strada Maestra” district. Tourism, agricolture and pastoral activities are very important for the local economy. The so called “mortadella from in Campotosto”, produced in the district of Mascioni and Poggio Cancelli are also very appreciated.

 

Provincia: L'Aquila

CAP: 67013

Prefisso: 0862

Altitudine: 1442

POSIZIONE GEOGRAFICA

42.5539776, 13.3702811

The Campotosto Lake is an artificial reservoir obtained from the barrier of the Fucino stream by means of two dams and the consequent flooding of the peatland region between the Gran Sasso and the Monti della Laga.

Il Lago di Campotosto è un bacino artificiale ottenuto dallo sbarramento del rio Fucino mediante due dighe e il consegue