Direkt zum Inhalt
x

Lucoli

The Municipality of Lucoli presents a vast territory composed of sixteen hamlets united by the same historical events. The Town Hall is located in the village of Collimento at 956 meters above sea level and at 18 km from L'Aquila. The first reliable historical information dates back to the early Middle Ages: the origin of Collimento, whose location seems to be suggested by defense reasons, is due to the establishment of a small farming community near the Benedictine Monastery of San Giovanni built in the ninth century. The village, as evidenced by a document from 1077 reported by Antinori, had to be fortified; of the ancient castle only a few ruins remain. At the end of the 13th century Lucoli participated in the foundation of the city of L'Aquila and, together with the nearby Castello di Tornimparte, concurred to the construction of the Fountain of the 99 cinnamon. The settlements of the various hamlets remained contained, in extremely modest limits, to the present day preserving the traditional environmental characteristics deriving from the essentially pastoral imprint of the local economy. Lucoli is today sought after and equipped summer resort and winter sports center, especially for the proximity of Campo Felice, one of the most established ski resorts in the province of L'Aquila, equipped with modern ski lifts for skiing. The Piano di Campo Felice also offers cross-country ski lovers many itineraries of great interest.

Provincia: L'Aquila

CAP: 67045

Prefisso: 0862

Altitudine: 956

POSIZIONE GEOGRAFICA

42.2530405, 13.3818345

Il "Giardino della Memoria del sisma del 6 aprile 2009" è una realtà, un luogo di raccoglimento, di ricordo e di speranza aperto a tutti.