Skip to main content
x

Fano Adriano

Small mountain village (750 m above sea level) located in a natural environment of great attraction, crowned by the highest peaks of the Apennines: Corno Grande, Corno Piccolo, Pizzo Intermesoli, Monte Corvo and Monte Gorzano, in the upper Vomano valley. Defined as the "Pearl of the Gran Sasso", Fano, from the Latin Fanum, temple, probably stands on the remains of an ancient Roman settlement. Under the rule of Pardo Orsini, it was part of the Marquisate of the Sicilian Valley, which had its capital in Tossicia, and followed the vicissitudes of the Kingdom until the unification of Italy. Its territory is part of the Gran Sasso Monti della Laga National Park, "Strada Maestra" district.

The historic center, gathered around the mother church, preserves 16th-century architectural features, especially in the "Coro" area and Piazza Prato. Intact medieval corners alternate with modern buildings. Rich in art, traditions and rock landscapes, Cerqueto is the only and important fraction of the Municipality of Fano Adriano. The uncontaminated nature, green and rocky, which surrounds the village, offers glimpses of rare beauty and allows for great excursions. Numerous short and medium-distance itineraries: the Selva and the "Merletti", authentic embroideries of rock that include a gigantic natural arch, the Grotta delle Fate and the "Grigni", mysterious prehistoric pigiatii; on the summit of the homonymous Hill, the shrine of the Annunciation (XVI century); in the valley floor the limpid courses of the Vomano river and of the Rio Arno with the Grottino and the artificial lake of Piaganini. 

At 9 km from Fano Adriano, close to the walls of Monte Corvo, the gentle slopes of Pratoselva open up:
new tourist and sport center, both summer and winter, with wide and long slopes, three ski lifts and a two-seater chair lift which, in over two kilometers, leads to Colle Abetone (at 1800 m) on top of which is the Chiesetta dell'Alpino.
To see: the Fonte della Cannalecchia (since ancient times, it has a very fresh water and recognized therapeutic properties); the Church of St. Peter (national monument), built in 1335 on the remains of a Roman temple; the Ethnographic Museum of Popular Traditions of Cerqueto.

To know more HERE

 

 

Provincia: Teramo

CAP: 64044

Prefisso: 0861

Altitudine: 750

POSIZIONE GEOGRAFICA

42.5517347, 13.5418489

The Museum contains more than a thousand objects: most of them date back to the period between the end of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth, but some wooden artifacts also date back to the eighteenth century. It summarizes and enhances the peculiar and original aspects of the forestry and pastoral civilization and of the craftsmanship of the Teramo area.

Il Museo raccoglie più di mille oggetti: gran parte di essi risale al periodo compreso tra la fine dell'ottocento e l'inizio del novecento, ma alcuni manufatti lignei risalgono anche al settecento. Riassume e valorizza gli aspetti peculiari ed originali della civiltà silvo- pastorale e dell'artigianato del territorio teramano.

Senarica è un piccolo villaggio abruzzese dell'alta valle del fiume Vomano, adagiata su di un costone di roccia che si impone sulla gola serpenteggiante del fiume, immerso nel verde prepotente dei boschi del Parco Nazionale del Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga, nel distretto della Strada Maestra.

On the slight slope at the edge of the hill the remains of the early medieval settlement are present, and extend over an area of ​​about 35,000 square meters.

La Chiesa parrocchiale di San Leucio risale al 1324 ma recentemente è stata interessata da un restauro.

All'interno si può ammirare un'acquasantiera a catino, con belle sculture in rilievo raffiguranti animali acquatici e alcune tele seicentesche.