Skip to main content
x

Giulianova

Among the most important municipalities in the province of Teramo, Giulianoiva boasts a harmonious hilly and maritime landscape that every year attracts many tourists. Roman colony born in 290 BC. at the mouth of the river Tordino with the name Castrum Novum, Giulianova preserves numerous historical and cultural testimonies, which can be found in expressions of religious and civil art, such as the tower "Il Bianco", the largest of the remains of the ancient walls surrounding the city, the church of Santa Maria a Mare, the Sanctuary of the "Madonna dello Splendore", the Church of Saint Anthony, the Bartolomei's Chapel and the civic art gallery “Vincenzo Bindi”. Cathedral of San Flaviano is symbol of the city; its construction began in the decade 1472-1481 to finish in the early sixteenth century. The building in the past had an important urban function, thanks to its dome originally covered with blue and green majolica tiles that made the church visible from the sea. The interior of the church is very suggestive, with its classic and clean lines and its light shaft coming from the lantern. The accommodation offer is qualified, with hotels, campsites and villages within reach of all who embrace the wide and equipped promenade full of bathing establishments, promoting a holiday of well-being, relaxation and fun. Tourist Harbour is very interesting: it has more than 300 berth spaces. Excellent catering that alternates traditional teraman dishes with more elegant and contemporary recipes.

Learn more about it: http://www.giulianovaturismo.it

Provincia: Teramo

CAP: 64022

Prefisso: 085

Altitudine: 58

POSIZIONE GEOGRAFICA

42.7538138, 13.9665051

Built in the second half of the 19th century by the same famous cellist and composer Gaetano Braga (Giulianova,1829 - Milan,1907), it is used as a house-museum: there are several works of art (paintings, drawings, sculptures) by important artists on the figure and life of the musician, as well as letters, illustrations, documents, scores, the result of research conducted in Italy and abroad by

In Piazza della Libertà, in Giulianova Paese, stands an elegant noble chapel, designed by the late architect Lupi di Teramo. After a narrow vestibule you enter the small hall covered by a dome that ends with a low lantern. Behind the altar there are still some steps of the ancient rear entrance of the chapel.

The Sanctuary of the Madonna of Splendour was built on the spot where the Virgin, on April 22, 1550, appeared in a luminous cloud to a peasant named Bertoldino. Also on the hill came a miraculous spring, still alive.

The museum of maritime culture was built in Tortoreto Lido, in Via Nazionale Nord, 1 in 1998 by the cultural association "Colligere". The initiative aims to collect examples of tools used by local fishermen in past years and various examples of marine biology to enhance the marine culture.