Skip to main content
x
University Museum of Chieti

The first nucleus of the exhibition was inaugurated at the "G. d'Annunzio" University in 1994 at Palazzo De Pasquale. Currently, the University Museum, formerly the Museum of the History of Biomedical Sciences, is located in the Palazzo "Arnaldo Mussolini", in the historical centre. In its specificity, it contributes to characterize the "G. d'Annunzio" University, constituting a "place of memory" and an exhibition space dedicated to the biological and medical aspects that emerge from archaeological, medical, anthropological and paleontological research.

Museo To Ke Di Santini E Arte Contemporanea - Bellante(te)

The TO KE Museum, located in the heart of the medieval village of Ripattoni (TE), preserves a conspicuous heritage of works of modern art and modern mosaics made with the ancient technique of manual cutting.

Historical Museum Of The Fortress Of Civitella Del Tronto (Te)

The Fortress of Civitella del Tronto is one of the most important military engineering works in Italy: it extends, in fact, for more than 500 meters in length and includes a total area of about 25,000 square meters.

It was built during the Spanish domination between 1564 and 1576. Inside is the museum, whose exhibition includes many objects related to the military life of the Fortress: ancient weapons, flags, uniforms, maps and numerous documents that attest to the political activity carried out in the fortress over the centuries.

Experimental Museum of Contemporary Art MUSPAC - L'Aquila

The MUSPAC has a permanent collection that includes works by international artists such as Joseph Beuys, Jannis Kounellis, Fabio Mauri, Mario Merz, Michelangelo Pistoletto, Giulio Paolini and Italian artists of Abruzzo origin (see permanent collection).
The museum also has a multimedia library and a projection room where films, documentaries and art videos are shown on a daily basis.
Museum activities also include educational workshops, internships, conferences and seminars.

Palazzo De' Mayo Museum- Chieti
Palazzo de' Mayo is a monumental building of extraordinary value that stands in the historic center of the city of Chieti: a sixteenth- and eighteenth-century building, a splendid example of Baroque architecture in Abruzzo, with important dimensions and considerable architectural impact in the urban and artistic reality of the city. 
Oriental Museum - Tagliacozzo (AQ)

The museum was built within the sanctuary of Tagliacozzo, dating back to the sixteenth century and which preserves the icon of the thirteenth-century Madonna of the East, and houses a collection of votive offerings, Byzantine icons, sacred furnishings and coins from the Middle East.

National Museum of Abruzzo - L'Aquila

The National Museum of Abruzzo, MUNDA, awaiting the restoration of the 16th century Castle, reopened its doors at the temporary headquarters of the former slaughterhouse of L'Aquila in Borgo Rivera in front of the monumental Fountain of 99 Spouts. The museum, reopened in December 2015, is now housed in the former slaughterhouse, a building of the '30s of the twentieth century, renovated with cutting-edge anti-seismic criteria. Part of the collection comes from the castle of L'Aquila (1534-1567), a grandiose building built by the Spanish on the site of a smaller fortress.

Naturalistic and Archaeological Museum "Maurizio Locati" - Lama dei Peligni (CH)

The Museum is a laboratory where visitors are invited to interact and touch with their own hands the naturalistic and archaeological finds that tell the history of the Majella territory and highlight its floro-faunal characteristics. The protagonist of the nature section is Abruzzo chamois: here are illustrated the environments in which he lives, his physical and behavioral characteristics, the various phases of the "chamois operation", which allowed the reintroduction on the Majella.

"P. Barrasso" Museum - Caramanico Terme (PE)

Naturalistic and Archaeological Museum dedicated to Paolo Barrasso, a well-known biologist who died on the Morrone mountain in 1991; here the most significant aspects of Majella are illustrated, thanks to the naturalistic section, which reproduces the different environments of the Park, and to the archaeological one, which collects finds from different periods.
Next to the Museum is the Study Centre, which has a conference room, an updated naturalistic library, a video library, a diatheque and a scientific laboratory. 

Naturalistic Museum "Nicola De Leone" - Penne (PE)

The Regional Nature Reserve of Lake Penne houses a nature museum on the environmental values of the protected area and the Vestino territory. The Naturalistic Museum, set up in a room of the Visitor Centre of the Reserve, owned by the municipality, was inaugurated on 8 May 1994, on the occasion of the presentation of the unpublished book "Birds of Abruzzo and Molise" by the illustrious ornithologist Nicola de Leone, who lived in Penne at the beginning of our century.

Subscribe to