In this space (three floors of an old renovated building) has been set up the museum of peasant civilization. There are some testimonies (tools and objects) of the life and work of this small community, characterized in the past by a remarkable development of the armaments industry. At the beginning of the 1700s, in fact, there were about 35,000 sheep. In autumn they were taken through the "Celano-Foggia" track to the pastures of Pontalbanito in Puglia, from where they returned in spring.
The important cultural institution was born as Museum of Sacred Art in fact, in it, have merged all the abandoned finds in the attics of the sacristies and churches of St. John and Paul Martyrs and Our Lady of Grace being part of the artistic-devotional dowry of the ancient churches of Cerchio: first of all the ancient church matrix S. Maria dell'Annunziata vulgarly called within the walls. On August 26, 1990 it was expanded with the sections Ethnographic and Peasant Civilization and Crafts.
The establishment of the Aufidenate Civic Museum dates back to 1898. The first site housed the archaeological material that had been found in the municipal area and its surroundings. In the first half of the twentieth century, the Museum documented the Sannita and Roman civilizations that took place in Alto Sangro. The cataloging of the material made at the time by the historians Vincenzo Balzano and Antonio De Nino allowed a reconstruction of the museum, even if some of the finds were lost due to W
The Civic Museum "Gate of the Earth" collects finds coming from the territory of San Salvo and in particular from the area of the Quadrilateral, object of archaeological investigations since 1997.
Next to the remains of the home of Cardinal Mazzarino, born on 14.07.1602 and died on 9.03.1661, was established in 1970 a House Museum whose rooms display, in addition to documents and books of various kinds relating to the life of the Cardinal, also prints, tapestries and models. Each visitor is given an illustrative brochure containing the most significant data of the life of the cardinal, you can also read the bibliographic material, which consists of books and brochures "Mazzariniani" (works of the Cardinal, Biographies, historical essays, etc.).
In 1895 the City Administration donated to the artist Basilio Cascella an extensive plot of land, which became the school of graphic design forge of many artists. This school soon became a circle of artists of national and international fame, such as D'Annunzio, Pirandello, Grazia Deledda, Ada Negri, Guido Gozzano, Umberto Saba, Salvatore Di Giacomo, Beltramelli, Vincenzo Bucci, Antonio De Nino, Marrone, Luigi Antonelli, Cerasoli, Gennaro Finamore, Marino Moretti, Clemente Rebora, Arturo Onofri, Corrado Govoni, Federigo Tozzi, Goffredo Bellonci, F.T.
The Museum houses the famous collections from the sanctuaries and the Samnite necropolis of Alfedena. The museum complex, which has a space of about 1,000 square meters, also serves as a cultural laboratory and the cultural association of Chieti "OltreMuseo", responsible for the management of the structure, offers the organization of temporary exhibitions, meetings with authors and presentations of events. And these days have been organized educational activities that involved children with guided tours and experiences of construction in the laboratory.
The Museum and Documentation Centre of the Franciscan Order in Abruzzo and Molise (Order of Friars Minor Conventual) is located in the fortress of the Castle of Monteodorisio (intended as an ancient village surrounded by walls) dating back to the 11th century rebuilt in the fifteenth century and adapted to stately residence in the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries.
The Museum and Documentation Centre of the Franciscan Order in Abruzzo and Molise (Order of Friars Minor Conventual) is located in the fortress of the Castle of Monteodorisio (intended as an ancient village surrounded by walls) dating back to the 11th century. rebuilt in the fifteenth century. and adapted to stately residence in the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries.
In Piazza della Libertà, in Giulianova Paese, stands an elegant noble chapel, designed by the late architect Lupi di Teramo. After a narrow vestibule you enter the small hall covered by a dome that ends with a low lantern. Behind the altar there are still some steps of the ancient rear entrance of the chapel. This monument was built by the engineer Gaetano De' Bartolomei to honour the memory of his uncle Angelo Antonio Cosimo de' Bartolomei, archaeologist, poet, historian and economist.