Skip to main content
x
Museo "Ignazio Silone" - Pescina (AQ)

Inaugurated in Pescina on May 1st 2006 and realized in collaboration with the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, with the Archival Superintendence for Abruzzo and with the State Archives of L'Aquila, the Silone Museum is housed in the premises, renovated in the past to house the Ignazio Silone Study Centre, of the former convent of San Francesco, a vast thirteenth-century complex where the Theatre is also located, adjacent to the contemporary church now dedicated to St. Anthony.

Archaeological Museum - Vasto (CH)

Founded in 1849 as an municipal archaeological museum of Vasto, it is the oldest museum in Abruzzo. Since 1998, is housed on the ground floor of Palazzo D'Avalos and presents a refined and modern exhibition. The museum preserves more than 1000 finds of exceptional value, coming from the city and from the surrounding territory, that testify the history of the ancient Histonium in an arc of more than three millennia.  The exhibits are divided into 5 rooms referring to different historical phases, from the origins to the early Middle Ages.

Archaeological Museum - Collelongo (AQ)

The Archaeological Civic Museum of Collelongo, housed since 1985 in Palazzo Botticelli, preserves and exhibits numerous precious finds dating from the sixth century BC to the first century AD found in the Italic-Roman settlement of the nearby valley of Amplero, which consists of an acropolis, a village and two necropolises.

MOM - Museum of the Marsican Bear - Palena (ch)

The MOM - Museum of the Marsican Bear - housed in a wing of the former convent of St. Anthony in the Municipality of Palena, consists of 5 sections set up with panels, dioramas and a striking reconstruction of the forest at night. The exhibition rooms describe the biological characteristics and life habits of the placid plantigrade, without neglecting mythology and history, and conclude with issues related to the risk of extinction and projects for the protection and preservation of the bear.

The Hague of Museums - Museum Pole - Avezzano (AQ)

In the premises of the former Municipal Slaughterhouse of Avezzano was established the first Municipal Museum Pole of the city that currently includes: "The Words of Stone" and the Museum of the Drying of the Fucino "The Water Thread", first fundamental pieces of the extensive project of "The Hague of Museums" which represents an important cultural moment for the city of Marsica, with the contextual recovery and redevelopment of a disused area of its urban fabric.

Visitor center of the National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise - Pescasseroli (AQ)

Opened in 1969, owned by the Park Authority, it is a structure of information, education and environmental interpretation that exhibits materials and documents related to the Abruzzo fauna, geological structure of the territory, tradition. The Visitor Centre includes:
- Naturalistic Museum, introduces visitors to the knowledge of the Park through dioramas, models, luminous panels and thematic exhibitions and also has a conference and projection room with a rich collection of naturalistic films; 

Documentation Center Raw Earth Houses- Casalincontrada (CH)

Casalincontrada, a small town near the Majella National Park, has an extraordinary heritage of raw earth houses, rural houses built with the technique of the "Mason", a simple mixture of straw, water and earth. These houses, in addition to being precious testimonies of rural civilization, have attracted the attention of all those scholars and technicians in search of new and more natural building techniques. Thus the City has established this "Museum" unique in its kind, namely a permanent exhibition on the houses of Earth.

Palazzo Sipari House-Museum - Pescasseroli (AQ)

Palazzo Sipari is an important building built in 1858 in the Abruzzo town of Pescasseroli. The palace takes its name from the Sipari family, an important political family from Abruzzo that emerged after the unification of Italy. The Sipari family had the palace built in Pescasseroli also as a distinctive sign of its social emersion, it was in fact built on the occasion of the wedding between Carmelo Sipari, a large armorial entrepreneur, and Cristina Cappelli, a descendant of a noble family.

"Gaetano Braga" House-Museum - Giulianova (TE)

Built in the second half of the 19th century by the same famous cellist and composer Gaetano Braga (Giulianova,1829 - Milan,1907), it is used as a house-museum: there are several works of art (paintings, drawings, sculptures) by important artists on the figure and life of the musician, as well as letters, illustrations, documents, scores, the result of research conducted in Italy and abroad by the homonymous association located here. Visiting the house-museum, you can also listen to recordings and recordings of some compositions of Braga and other music of that period.

Subscribe to