Skip to main content
x
https://www.google.it/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjZnby2q4zYAhVMwBQKHeoWBf4QjB16BAgAEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comuniverso.it%2Findex.cfm%3Fcomune%3D066009&psig=AOvVaw2vJojPIWT2YhTxHgIzOY0T&ust=1513438364292418
Barisciano

Built between the 6th and 8th centuries, the town developed following the progressive abandonment of the Roman cities of Furfo and Peltuino, Barisciano, at 940 meters above sea level, at 19 Km from L'Aquila, it is located at the base of a mountain crowned by ruins of a fortified wall, and the mountain of the fajeta (Cima di Faiete, m.1915) divides it from the Campo Imperatore plateau. A country steeped in history, memories, traditions, with the presence of large squares and important monuments. On the top of the hill above the village, the ruins of the ancient castle are evident. In the cit

Di Original uploader was Vinc81 at it.wikipedia - Transferred from it.wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5777615
Cagnano Amiterno

Cagnano Amiterno at 841 m above sea level, 25 km from L'Aquila, is in the upper Velino valley. The municipality is part of the Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park. The original settlement around the parish church of San Cosimo, was already a castle before the 12th century. The toponym derives from the Latin staff Camnius. In 1864 the town assumed the specification of Amiterno from the name of the Sabine-Roman city located not far from its borders. Municipality formed by several fractions: Cagnano, S.

Bisegna
Bisegna

The village, at 1210 m above sea level, is 82 km from L'Aquila. It stands on a rocky outcrop at the beginning of the Valle del Giovenco where the river of the same name has its sources, at the foot of the Gruppo della Montagna Grande. A village of ancient origin, it is in a strategic position for the observation and control of the valley, which has always represented one of the most important ways of penetrating the internal Marsica. The present country was formed starting from the XI-XII centuries following the phenomenon of the fortification. Located at the northern end of the Abruzzo Nat

Campo di Giove
Campo di Giove

Campo di Giove stands in a strategically important position, which has always made it, starting from the times of the Roman Empire, a place of passage and rest. However, it was the most flourishing period in the Middle Ages, which left its traces in urban planning and in the well-preserved architecture of the historic center. Inserted in the Majella National Park, however, nature is the true protagonist of the village and its territory: its landscape rich in woods, paths and waterways, is perfect for summer excursions, on foot, on horseback or by mountain bike, while winter the area is the

Gamberale
Gamberale

Gamberale, a mountain village in the province of Chieti at 1347 m asl, is located between the rocky spurs of Mount Sant'Antonio, to the left of the Sangro river, in a very beautiful natural setting, which makes it unique and fascinating. Its territory is extended 15.57 Kmq between woods, pastures and uncultivated areas. The origins of the town date back to the early Middle Ages, but the first historically certain information dates back to the 12th century. In the fifteenth century it was the domain of the family of Anichino, in the eighteenth century there were the Mascitelli di Atessa. Of

Cappadocia
Cappadocia

It rises to 1108 m asl, near the sources of the Liri, at the foot of Mount Camiciola. The earliest records of the village of Cappadocia date back to the 12th century, when the churches of Santa Margherita and San Biagio were named in the bull of Clement III. Subject of the ups and downs of the most powerful families of the Marsican area, it belonged first to the Orsini family and then to the Colonna family, to whom it remained linked until the early 19th century. In the upper part of the village, there is an interesting nucleus of old houses with beautiful stone finishes and the churc

Crognaleto
Crognaleto

Inside the Gran Sasso-Monti della Laga National Park, Crognaleto (from the term "crognale", "corniolo"), with its 1105 meters of height, is one of the highest countries in the area and preserves two beautiful testimonies of the religious fervor that animated the inhabitants of these remote valleys. The village obtained municipal autonomy after 1813, because before it was only one of the villas of which was constituted the large territory called Montagna di Roseto. The small church of Santa Caterina, dating back to 1500, is located inside the town, while on the cliff overlooking the town is

Castel di Sangro
Castel di Sangro

Known in ancient times as Castrum Caracinorum, it is placed under a rocky spur, on which are still visible the remains of an ancient castle that testify its noble origins. Precise information on its foundation come already from the ninth century when the Counts of the Marsi, become Conti di Sangro, build a bulwark composed of tower and castle, in an excellent defensive position, in the high course of the river Sangro, probably on the site of a fortified precedent Samnite or Roman site. Around the year 1000, it assumed an important strategic position of control along the so-called "Via degli

Castel del Monte
Castel del Monte

Included in the territory of the Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park, Castel del Monte is a place that has always enchanted with the beauty and majesty of the landscape that surrounds it, making it a popular destination for those looking for the most authentic and uncontaminated nature. Borgo with its soul and medieval town planning, which is still told above all in the typical tower-houses, the town has always been a symbol of transhumance. The production of the famous local Canestrato is linked to this ancient practice. Its crust brings back the imprints of the basket in which i

Fano Adriano
Fano Adriano

Small mountain village (750 m above sea level) located in a natural environment of great attraction, crowned by the highest peaks of the Apennines: Corno Grande, Corno Piccolo, Pizzo Intermesoli, Monte Corvo and Monte Gorzano, in the upper Vomano valley. Defined as the "Pearl of the Gran Sasso", Fano, from the Latin Fanum, temple, probably stands on the remains of an ancient Roman settlement. Under the rule of Pardo Orsini, it was part of the Marquisate of the Sicilian Valley, which had its capital in Tossicia, and followed the vicissitudes of the Kingdom until the unification of Italy. Its

Subscribe to