Skip to main content
x
Carsoli
Carsoli

The territory of Carsoli is cut in two by the Turano river and surrounded by a landscape full of beauty, almost wild. The oldest part of the village is located in a strategic position, on the hill that dominates the whole area, where stood the Orsini Castle, whose remains are still visible. This fortress was built around 1000 by the Counts of the Marsi to protect the territory and its remains can still tell those stories, including fights, strategies and battles to defend the village and its people. Around, finally, woods and paths to rediscover the contact with nature: in particular, to se

Calascio
Calascio

Calascio is a tiny town located in the Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park, surrounded by forests, meadows and pastures, but also by the harsh limestone rock. Its famous Rocca, symbol of the village, was founded around the year 1000 as a simple watch tower and over time acquires more importance. So two villages develop, Calascio and Rocca Calascio, the latter completely destroyed by the earthquake of 1703. Di Rocca Calascio today remain only the ruins, majestic and fascinating, sentinels that overlook the village of Calascio. Today the Rocca di Calascio, the highest fortification

Capistrello
Capistrello

In the heart of Abruzzo, among limestone rocks and green forests rich in watercourses, stands the village of Capistrello, not far from the nature reserve of Monte Salviano. The village is divided into districts, connected by cobbled streets, and is a place where it is pleasant to walk slowly, between the chirping of birds and the rustle of the trees that surround the town. Those who love architecture will be able to admire beautiful buildings dating back to the 7th and 8th centuries, for the most part made by Benedictine monks. Finally, Capistrello is a village that maintains a close contac

San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore
San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore

San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore is a small, charming and welcoming village, characterized by tiers that suddenly open onto large areas that offer splendid views. The ancient nucleus, located on a hill overlooking the valley below, develops around the Farnese Castle and the Cathedral. Not to be missed is the Museum of Fossils and Ambers, which preserves a vast collection of fossils that tell the story of the last 500 million years of our planet and a precious collection of ambers. The museum is housed in the eighteenth-ce

Civitella Rovereto
Civitella Roveto

Civitella Roveto is a medieval village enclosed, like a treasure to be protected, by a massive system of fortified walls, which are still well preserved and reminiscent of past centuries, the struggles of conquest, the hard and endless battles. Today the town is divided in two: the modern part, built after the earthquake of 1915, is located on the right bank of the river, while the oldest part is on the opposite bank, on an isolated spur, as a further defense against attacks. The center tells its story with the elegant palaces, with the beautiful portals of houses carved by local stonecutte

Cappelle sul Tavo
Cappelle sul Tavo

A small hill village between the Adriatic Sea and the Apennines, Cappelle sul Tavo presents itself to travelers with a historic center characterized by narrow, linear streets, with buildings that tell the architectures of the different eras of their construction. The heart of the village and its deepest identity are enclosed in a traditional event, the Palio delle Pupe: every year, for the Summer Festival, all the districts prepare their "pupa", a papier-mâché puppet depicting a beautiful woman: between games and fireworks,

Moscufo
Moscufo

From the top of the hill on which it stands and from which it once controlled the territory in fear of enemy attacks, Moscufo dominates the whole valley, giving the inhabitants and travelers a panorama of great beauty. The area is inhabited from the farthest times and Moscufo was an ancient Roman "pagus", originally built further south than the current town, as shown by the many finds found. But the heart and symbol of the village is olive oil. In fact, Moscufo is part of the "golden triangle of oil" with Pianella

Magliano de Marsi
Magliano de' Marsi

Magliano de 'Marsi is located at the foot of the Monte Velino massif, surrounded by unspoiled nature that seems to have never been touched by the hand of man.

Territory of ancient history, where the village rises, so much that in its vicinity we can admire one of the most important archaeological sites in Italy, Alba Fucens.

Di IntrodacquaAQ - Opera propria, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18616999
Introdacqua

In the heart of the Peligna Valley, surrounded by woods and pine forests where rare plants grow, we find the ancient medieval town of Introdacqua: its name comes from its location between two rivers. The village has an ancient history, which begins with the monks of the abbey of San Clemente, who sent here the first settlers to cultivate their lands. The traces of the Middle Ages can be read in the remains of the ancient fortified fortress, where there is the Tower that in past centuries was protection and lookout of the village. Everything here shows the signs of a story that began a long

Pettorano sul Gizio
Pettorano sul Gizio

Between the green of the woods and the soft heights of the mountains that guard it as a jewel to protect, Pettorano sul Gizio stands in the middle of a landscape of great beauty, with the colors and atmospheres typical of the interior Abruzzo. Particular is the history of its most ancient center: devastated by the earthquake of 1706, it was entirely rebuilt and in fact its architectures are of eighteenth-century mold. The majestic Castello Cantelmo, which in the past was one of the most important garrisons in the area, remains from the medieval period. From the irregular plant, the Castle e

Subscribe to