Skip to main content
x
Nature Reserve of the Sorgenti del Pescara
It is one of the oldest protected areas of Abruzzo born in 1986. It extends entirely in the territory of the municipality of Popoli (Pe) over an area of about 50 hectares, to protect a clear resurgence of rare beauty originating from underground waters, which travel a journey of about a month, and a myriad of small and large pools. The surrounding shores are occupied by a thick reed bed that, together with the water, is the main landscape element. The clarity of the water favors a lush submerged vegetation and the presence of a diversified birdlife and ichthyofauna. The Riserva Sorg
Regional Natural Park of Sirente-Velino

The Regional Natural Park of Sirente-Velino, established in 1989, covers 54361 hectares, with headquarters in Rocca di Mezzo and covers 22 municipalities in the province of L'Aquila. The Velino and Sirente massifs offer the visitor many interesting reasons. Known to skiers for the presence of the slopes of Ovindoli and Campo Felice, these mountains are very popular with hikers. The two limestone massifs, including the highlands of the Rocche, of Pezza and of the Prati del Sirente, are characterized by karstic fields and rocky walls, from the

Alfedena
Alfedena

The city of Aufidena housed the Samnites, the pentri, the proud inhabitants of these mountains devoted mainly to pastoralism, who were able to oppose with stubbornness to the overwhelming power of the Romans. This center of ancient origin has brought back considerable evidence of pre-Roman age. On the hill, where the castle stands, there are traces of the fortified city of Samnites. The necropolis of Campo Consolino, found near the town around the year 1882, with tombs dating from the late seventh to the beginning of the second century BC, has provided fundamental elements for the knowledge

https://www.google.it/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj8zZOu-qfYAhUE_qQKHZvFCyQQjB0IBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paesionline.it%2Fitalia%2Fguida-villetta_barrea&psig=AOvVaw1iNIiEPcBRdWTey3nhLnk4&ust=1514387257402350
Villetta Barrea

Amena locality on the shores of Lake Barrea, in the National Park of Abruzzo, on the southern slopes of Monte Mattone (990 meters above sea level), is immersed in a suggestive natural environment in which stands the beautiful pinewood of black pine, a local variety. Remains of polygonal walls (still visible near the locality of Fonte Regina) attest to its origin as a Samnite center. The current village is built around a small castle built in the 1300s in the upper part of the village; of the castle is still visible the base of a defensive tower with a circular plan, part of the original for

https://www.google.it/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjZnby2q4zYAhVMwBQKHeoWBf4QjB16BAgAEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comuniverso.it%2Findex.cfm%3Fcomune%3D066009&psig=AOvVaw2vJojPIWT2YhTxHgIzOY0T&ust=1513438364292418
Barisciano

Built between the 6th and 8th centuries, the town developed following the progressive abandonment of the Roman cities of Furfo and Peltuino, Barisciano, at 940 meters above sea level, at 19 Km from L'Aquila, it is located at the base of a mountain crowned by ruins of a fortified wall, and the mountain of the fajeta (Cima di Faiete, m.1915) divides it from the Campo Imperatore plateau. A country steeped in history, memories, traditions, with the presence of large squares and important monuments. On the top of the hill above the village, the ruins of the ancient castle are evident. In the cit

Di Original uploader was Vinc81 at it.wikipedia - Transferred from it.wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5777615
Cagnano Amiterno

Cagnano Amiterno at 841 m above sea level, 25 km from L'Aquila, is in the upper Velino valley. The municipality is part of the Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park. The original settlement around the parish church of San Cosimo, was already a castle before the 12th century. The toponym derives from the Latin staff Camnius. In 1864 the town assumed the specification of Amiterno from the name of the Sabine-Roman city located not far from its borders. Municipality formed by several fractions: Cagnano, S.

Bisegna
Bisegna

The village, at 1210 m above sea level, is 82 km from L'Aquila. It stands on a rocky outcrop at the beginning of the Valle del Giovenco where the river of the same name has its sources, at the foot of the Gruppo della Montagna Grande. A village of ancient origin, it is in a strategic position for the observation and control of the valley, which has always represented one of the most important ways of penetrating the internal Marsica. The present country was formed starting from the XI-XII centuries following the phenomenon of the fortification. Located at the northern end of the Abruzzo Nat

Campo di Giove
Campo di Giove

Campo di Giove stands in a strategically important position, which has always made it, starting from the times of the Roman Empire, a place of passage and rest. However, it was the most flourishing period in the Middle Ages, which left its traces in urban planning and in the well-preserved architecture of the historic center. Inserted in the Majella National Park, however, nature is the true protagonist of the village and its territory: its landscape rich in woods, paths and waterways, is perfect for summer excursions, on foot, on horseback or by mountain bike, while winter the area is the

Gamberale
Gamberale

Gamberale, a mountain village in the province of Chieti at 1347 m asl, is located between the rocky spurs of Mount Sant'Antonio, to the left of the Sangro river, in a very beautiful natural setting, which makes it unique and fascinating. Its territory is extended 15.57 Kmq between woods, pastures and uncultivated areas. The origins of the town date back to the early Middle Ages, but the first historically certain information dates back to the 12th century. In the fifteenth century it was the domain of the family of Anichino, in the eighteenth century there were the Mascitelli di Atessa. Of

Cappadocia
Cappadocia

It rises to 1108 m asl, near the sources of the Liri, at the foot of Mount Camiciola. The earliest records of the village of Cappadocia date back to the 12th century, when the churches of Santa Margherita and San Biagio were named in the bull of Clement III. Subject of the ups and downs of the most powerful families of the Marsican area, it belonged first to the Orsini family and then to the Colonna family, to whom it remained linked until the early 19th century. In the upper part of the village, there is an interesting nucleus of old houses with beautiful stone finishes and the churc

Subscribe to