Skip to main content
x
Caves "li Muri" - Atri (TE)

The "Li muri" caves can be reached via a steep flight of steps about 800 meters from Porta Macelli. The entrance is located in the North-West, to reach them you have to take a section of the state road to Silvi; coming from the historical center, in the Carabinieri barracks area, you must take the first road on the right. From there it is very easy to continue alone thanks to the signs. These are probably the first houses dug into the rock by the original visitors to the area. Later, in Roman times, it seems that they were used to make a cistern, a large reserve of water, kept at a low temp

"Beatrice Cenci" Caves - Cappadocia (AQ)

The Caves open into the rocky wall that borders the green valley of the Imele River in the Municipality of Cappadocia (Aq). Digged in ancient times by the power of the fluvial waters, they constitute the initial portion of a large fossil sinkhole (Ovido di Verrecchie) and represent a huge natural and archaeological treasure. This suggestive cavity, full of stalactites and concretions that create spectacular scenery, has allowed the discovery of numerous artifacts from the Stone Age.

Tordino River

The River Tordino was born at 2000 meters above sea level between the Gorzano Mountains (2458 meters asl) and Pelone (2259 meters asl), which belong to the Monti della Laga chain. It flows entirely in the territory of the province of Teramo and flows into the Adriatic Sea after a journey of about 50 kilometers. Its catchment area covers a total area of 450 square kilometers.

Zittola River

Born from the Campanari Hills (1235 meters) near Montenero Valcocchiara, in the province of Isernia. In Pantano, it receives another branch that descends from Mount Curvale and forms a delightful pond. Its length is about 15 kilometers. It is a tributary of the Sangro river right, near the town of Castel di Sangro.

River Mavone

The river Mavone, the main tributary of the river Vomano, was born on the eastern side of the Corno Grande of the Gran Sasso d'Italia and, during its 16 kilometers journey, receives the contribution of numerous springs originating from this mountain, including the Ruzzo stream.

Vomano river

The river Vomano originates in the province of L'Aquila, near the Passo delle Capannelle, on the slopes of Monte San Franco, at about 1200 meters above sea level, in the heart of the Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park. Its 68 kilometers route is almost completely included in the province of Teramo; only a very short distance passes through the province of L'Aquila. It flows with impetuous flow in an enchanting valley collecting along its path the waters of more than thirty more or less important streams. It flows into the Adriatic Sea near

Sangro River

The Sangro river was born in the National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise at 1441 m asl under the Passo del Diavolo, Marsica territory, on the slopes of Mount Turchio. It flows into the Adriatic Sea near Torino di Sangro after about 122 km. Its waters bathe two regions (Abruzzo and Molise) and the territory of three provinces: L'Aquila, Isernia and Chieti. Initially it flows from north-west to south-east in narrow and deep gorges and in Villetta Barrea (AQ) it forms the artificial lake of Barrea

Pescara river

The river Pescara is the second largest river in Italy that flows into the Adriatic, after the river Po. The total length from the Aterno springs to the sea is 145 km and crosses the Abruzzo from west to east. The river Pescara comes from the homonymous source upstream of Popoli. And after a short journey, at the confluence of the river Aterno and Sagittario, it receives its waters and takes the name of the river Pescara. Before flowing into the Adriatic, along the way, receives the waters of various tributaries: Swan, Garden, Nora, Tirino and Orta. The mouth, located in the port channel, i

Interamnia Praetutiorum - Teramo

Teramo, the ancient Interamnia (interamnes: between rivers), has its roots in prehistory. Today it preserves several monumental testimonies of the ancient city in its heyday, when it became a Roman municipality. Already the walls of the Cathedral (XI-XV century), in Piazza Martiri della Libertà, show the Doric friezes of the first century.

Iuvanum - Montenerodomo (CH)

Iuvanum is an important archaeological site, classified by the Ministry of Environmental Heritage "archaeological area of ​​national interest". It is located on the eastern side of the Majella and near Montenerodomo, next to the ruins of the Abbey of Santa Maria del Palazzo. The ancient Juvanum was founded by the Carecini of Samnite lineage, then from the 1st century BC it became a Roman municipality, ascribed to the Arniense tribe, and had considerable development in the medieval period. Currently, the san

Subscribe to