Direkt zum Inhalt
x

Pescasseroli

The name seems to derive from Pesculum Seroli. The entry Pesco (or Pesculum, Pesclum, Peschio) derives from the late Latin Pensulu, "protruding rock, at the peak, suitable for the construction of houses". The foundation is attributed to populations in the valley of the current Sulmona, which, detached from the original stock, settled on the hill called "Castel Mancino". The land of Pescasseroli belonged to the Counts of Celano then to the Di Sangro and the D'Aquino and, therefore, to the Marquises of Vasto. It was also a fief of Vittoria Colonna and Maria of Aragon. Pescasseroli lived the great epic of transhumance and was the starting point of one of the main tratturi: the Pescasseroli-Candela. It is the main center of the National Park of Abruzzo, of which it is the registered office, with the Offices of the Direction. It has a Visitor Center with a museum of natural history, a botanical garden and a wildlife garden. Located in the upper Valle del Sangro, surrounded by beautiful mountains and immense centuries-old woods of beeches, pines, firs, maples, oaks, in one of the most picturesque mountain areas of Italy for the wild beauty of the landscape and the extraordinary variety of flora and fauna, in a wide plain at 1167 m above sea level, with a dry and healthy climate, Pescasseroli is the ideal place for a summer holiday and for the practice of winter sports, but also for holidays in every period of the year. The park, with its wonderful seasons, the excellent tourist, accommodation, sports and pleasure equipment are a guarantee of this choice. Pescasseroli was the birthplace of the philosopher Benedetto Croce.

Provincia: L'Aquila

CAP: 67032

Prefisso: 0863

Altitudine: 1167

POSIZIONE GEOGRAFICA

41.8078509, 13.7887872

Partenza da Pescasseroli verso il rifugio del Passo del Diavolo a 1400 m slm. Da qui bisogna seguire il sentiero contrassegnato dalla lettera T che si dirama in T1, T4 e T5 e che tutti abbracciano la ampia zona della Cicerana. È molto alta la probabilità di vedere l'Orso Bruno Marsicano soprattutto in primavera quando l'orso esce dal letargo durato quasi tutto l'inverno.

Partenza da Pescasseroli verso il rifugio della Difesa da dove parte il sentiero scorciatoia per il Monte Tranquillo. Il percorso è contrassegnato dalla sigla C3 della Carta Turistica del Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise. Il percorso raggiunge i 1841 m di altezza.

Partenza da Pescasseroli verso la Valle dell'Atessa, fino all'Altopiano di Terraegna, si prosegue verso le Ciminiere di Scanno (spettacolari torrioni calcarei) e attraverso il Vallone del Carapale si inizia la discesa verso Scanno, arroccato sopra una gola alpestre nella Valle del Sagittario.

La Parrocchiale dei SS Pietro e Paolo, danneggiata dal terremoto della Marsica del 1915 è stata restaurata, liberandola dalle sovrastrutture barocche e restituita alle sue linee originarie.Essa conserva un portale ogivale sormontato da un finestrone barocco. L'interno basilicale a tre navate, divise da pilastri a fascio e coperti da volte a crociera con costolini.

momentaneamente  chiuso

Palazzo Sipari is an important building built in 1858 in the Abruzzo town of Pescasseroli. The palace takes its name from the Sipari family, an important political family from Abruzzo that emerged after the unification of Italy.

Palazzo Sipari è una costruzione importante edificata nel 1858 nel paese abruzzese di Pescasseroli. Il palazzo prende il nome dalla famiglia Sipari, importante famiglia politico abruzzese emergente dopo l'unità italiana.

Opened in 1969, owned by the Park Authority, it is a structure of information, education and environmental interpretation that exhibits materials and documents related to the Abruzzo fauna, geological structure of the territory, tradition. The Visitor Centre includes:

Aperto nel 1969, di proprietà' dell'Ente Parco, è una struttura di informazione, educazione ed interpretazione ambientale che espone materiali e documenti relativi alla fauna abruzzese, all'assetto geologico del territorio, alla tradizione. Il Centro visita comprende:

Nato nel 1922 e istituito con Regio Decreto l’anno successivo, è il più antico Parco nazionale d’Italia. In esso sono concentrati quasi tutti i caratteri che contraddistinguono l’Appennino centrale, compresi elementi di flora e fauna unici al mondo o ormai scomparsi nel resto della catena.

Born in 1922 and established by Royal Decree the following year, it is the oldest National Park in Italy. In it are concentrated almost all the characters that characterize the central Apennines, including elements of flora and fauna unique in the world or now disappeared in the rest of the chain.