Important ethnographic collection including the costumes of various towns of Abruzzo, products of artistic craftsmanship, including ceramics of Castelli, ex-voto, tools and tools for domestic use and for the work of sheep-farming. It also houses the finds ordered by the local Archeoclub relating to prehistoric material, Italic objects, including a bronze helmet, and material from the Roman era.
The Castle of Nocciano, exhibition center and cultural production, opens to different fields of expression: from visual arts to literature, from theater to cinema, music to new technologies. A small kingdom of images, sounds and words, his activity revolves around the Permanent Exhibition of Contemporary Artists of Abruzzo (MARCA).
The Museum is a place of study and documentation on the phenomenon of transhumant sheep-farming, a key sector of the local economy and of the whole of Abruzzo until the recent past. Interesting explanatory panels illustrate synthetically, but with great didactic effectiveness, the various historical, social and cultural aspects and the systems of life and work.
The exhibits bear witness to the main productive activities (production of wool and cheese), the forms of equipment of men and animals, the organization of temporary shelters.
Founded in 1993 by a group of volunteers, it is located in the historic centre of the town in a building dating back to 1901, originally intended as a municipal abattoir. It was called the Wool Museum because wool was, between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries, a source of primary wealth for this as for other towns in mountain Abruzzo. The Museum collects the tools and documents of contemporary pastoral culture (1850-1930) and the historical memory of the work and daily life of the inhabitants of Scanno and the Sagittario Valley.
The War Museum for Peace, inaugurated in 2001, is located inside the enchanting Martucci Palace, a fortified building of the seventeenth century, transformed into a noble residence during the eighteenth century.
The Museum contains various testimonies of the life and work of the local community, characterized by an agro-pastoral economy: of relief, a gigantic 18th century oil mill, tools for sewing and handicraft, Neolithic finds and some locks with an original closing mechanism used only in S. Benedetto in Perillis.
The museum of maritime culture was built in Tortoreto Lido, in Via Nazionale Nord, 1 in 1998 by the cultural association "Colligere". The initiative aims to collect examples of tools used by local fishermen in past years and various examples of marine biology to enhance the marine culture. In the museum you can admire many tools used for fishing, such as a boat, called "Lampara" because it is equipped with large lamps to attract fish at night. You can admire fishing nets and typical "pots" in the shape of cages used to catch cuttlefish and various examples of knots used by sailors.
The Museum of Rural Civilization in Val Vibrata, located in the hamlet of San Giuseppe, a worker of Controguerra, in a typical rural structure, was founded in 1982 by an association of enthusiasts and scholars of popular culture and traditions and with the first collaboration of the Cultural Service Center of Nereto (TE). The purpose of the Museum is to take care of the historical, environmental and cultural memory of our territory, with the recovery of objects and agricultural tools, as well as supporting crafts (tailor, carpenter, cobbler ...).
Inside the A.R.S.S.A. headquarters in the city of Avezzano is the Casino of Caccia Torlonia, which today houses the permanent museum of peasant culture. The tools of hard work and peasant industriousness have found their ideal place in an environment that in history has been the exclusive prerogative of the nobility. On the walls unpublished photographic images of Lake Fucino and the villages that lived of the abundant abundance of water. More nineteenth-century representations of the Lear that finely portray, in Indian ink, the landscape scenery of Marsica ...
The museum is housed in the ancient "Palazzo De Gregoris"; here are exposed about 300 objects that testify the agricultural and artisan activity of Morro D'Oro (TE) for over two centuries. In the various rooms, arranged on three floors, are preserved agricultural tools, objects and household furnishings, tools for woodworking and weaving.