The Archaeological Museum of Schiavi di Abruzzo is dedicated to one of the most important and best preserved sacred areas of worship used by the Samnites Pentri, the Italic population who built the temples from the second century BC.
The Archaeological Civic Museum "Antonio De Nino", opened in 2005 and housed in a seventeenth-century noble palace, in the medieval village of Corfinio, collects the numerous finds found in the excavation campaigns carried out in the territory of Corfinium, the ancient capital of the Italian Peoples. It houses a vast collection of exhibits ranging from the Neolithic period to the late antique and medieval, organized according to a chronological and thematic order, visible in a path of 10 rooms with 43 showcases.
The building that houses the Civic Archaeological Museum is a container full of memory: from the church dedicated to St. Charles, in the early 1600s, to Palazzo del Tribunale in the second half of the nineteenth century.
The archaeological museum "F. Ferrari", set up on the ground floor of the town hall, was inaugurated in 1999 and houses in six rooms the funerary objects dating from the ninth and third centuries BC found in the necropolis of Còmino. In the first room are exhibited some of the surviving finds from the collection of Don Filippo Ferrari, parish priest of Guardiagrele who in the early '900, for the first time, sensed the importance of the necropolis of Comino.
The Museum illustrates, through visual effects and environments, the archaeological materials that document the history of the city of Chieti, come to light during excavations on the south-western slopes of the hill, not far from the site occupied in the past by the Civitella stadium.
The Museum is housed in an Art Nouveau building belonging to the Paparella Treccia family, to whom we owe the creation of this collection, which originates from the passion of Professor Raffaele Mattarella Treccia and his wife Margherita. You can admire collections of ancient majolica, made in the sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth centuries in Castelli, an ancient village on the slopes of Gran Sasso, famous for its manufactures.
The Museum is housed in the beautiful rooms of Palazzo Ferri, in Corso Vittorio Emanuele. On display an extraordinary permanent collection of works by Aligi Sassu, consisting of ninety works on paper, mostly unpublished - drawings, watercolors, pastels and tempera - and one hundred and twenty graphic works chosen - etchings, etchings, lithographs and serigraphs - given by Alfredo and Teresita Paglione to the city of Atessa.
The Acerbo Museum houses the most beautiful and rich collection of ceramics of Castelli, the fruit of the passion of Baron Giacomo Acerbo. In 1957, he gathered in an annex of his palace the best of the production of some famous dynasties of potters of castles such as the Grue and the Gentile lived between 1600 and 700.
Torrevecchia Teatina is a delightful village in the province of Chieti, which develops on a hill to the right of the Valley of Pescara, a few steps from the sea and mountains. The ancient village is dominated by the Palazzo dei Baroni Valignani, a late eighteenth century structure built on the model of Villa d'Este in Tivoli. In the Doge's Palace a truly particular and unusual Museum has been set up, the first and only one of its kind in Europe.
Inaugurated in Pescina on May 1st 2006 and realized in collaboration with the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, with the Archival Superintendence for Abruzzo and with the State Archives of L'Aquila, the Silone Museum is housed in the premises, renovated in the past to house the Ignazio Silone Study Centre, of the former convent of San Francesco, a vast thirteenth-century complex where the Theatre is also located, adjacent to the contemporary church now dedicated to St. Anthony.