The Museum of Rural Civilization in Val Vibrata, located in the hamlet of San Giuseppe, a worker of Controguerra, in a typical rural structure, was founded in 1982 by an association of enthusiasts and scholars of popular culture and traditions and with the first collaboration of the Cultural Service Center of Nereto (TE). The purpose of the Museum is to take care of the historical, environmental and cultural memory of our territory, with the recovery of objects and agricultural tools, as well as supporting crafts (tailor, carpenter, cobbler ...).
Inside the A.R.S.S.A. headquarters in the city of Avezzano is the Casino of Caccia Torlonia, which today houses the permanent museum of peasant culture. The tools of hard work and peasant industriousness have found their ideal place in an environment that in history has been the exclusive prerogative of the nobility. On the walls unpublished photographic images of Lake Fucino and the villages that lived of the abundant abundance of water. More nineteenth-century representations of the Lear that finely portray, in Indian ink, the landscape scenery of Marsica ...
The museum is housed in the ancient "Palazzo De Gregoris"; here are exposed about 300 objects that testify the agricultural and artisan activity of Morro D'Oro (TE) for over two centuries. In the various rooms, arranged on three floors, are preserved agricultural tools, objects and household furnishings, tools for woodworking and weaving.
From Palazzo Botticelli, home of the Collelongo Civic Archaeological Museum, starts the museum path of the peasant civilization and of the work of the mountains of Abruzzo that winds through the narrow streets of the historic center.
The Museum was created in 1987 and collects tools used by farmers in the work of the fields and tools of the peasant house of the past. The affective bond of farmers and their women to these objects has allowed their preservation and recovery. The installation of the museum on the premises of the town hall allows an organic vision of all the material collected. A section of the Museum is dedicated to documents and photos, which also bear witness to the life of the past.
The Museum of Ceramics of Rapino was founded in December 2003, with the intention of revaluing an ancient art that has carried the name of Rapino around the world, it is located in the ancient convent of San Antonio, an architectural complex dating back to 1645 and consists of different rooms, each characterized by works by different authors, eras and styles, among them, the Museum boasts the preservation of valuable pieces of the most authoritative representatives of majolica art of Rapino, such as Bozzelli, Vitacolonna and Bontempo.
Housed in the former Franciscan convent of Santa Maria in Constantinople, the museum houses numerous works from the early Middle Ages to the present day, donated mainly by the citizens of Castelli. The wonderful objects exhibited in the ancient rooms belong to artists from some famous families such as Grue, Gentili, Cappelletti and Fuina. The exhibition allows you to retrace the entire history of the prestigious castle majolica, starting with the beautiful pharmacy vases of the so-called type "Orsini Colonna", now also preserved in the most important museums in the world.
The Museum documents the dramatic events of the war in 1943, which earned the city of Ortona the award of the Gold Medal for Civil Valor. It was inaugurated on 6 May 2002 with the intervention of the Canadian Ambassador. The Museum is dedicated to the memory of the 1314 civilian victims and to the many Canadian and German soldiers who died during the Battle of Hortona. It aims to be a place for reflection on the cruelty and uselessness of war, transmitting a message of peace to the new generations.
Situated in the ancient Amorotti Castle, it retraces the various phases of oil production, the primary wealth of the Vestino territory, showing tools and machinery from ancient times to the present day. The Museum is closed on Mondays in summer, while in winter it is open only on Saturdays and Sundays.
The cost of admission is 6 euros and also includes a visit to the Acerbo Museum and the Archaeological Museum of Loreto Aprutino tel. 085 8291589
This is an original and refined photographic research of the late 1800s which, moving from Ellis Island, the small island in the bay of New York, where 26 million emigrants passed in a hundred years, describes with literary, poetic and psychological cues, all the pain that lies behind every detachment. Therefore, a true metaphor of emigration as a journey of discovery, truly interesting, not only for the scientific rigor, but for the strong existential cues that evoke the set of images dense with pathos.