The Regional Nature Reserve of Lake Penne houses a nature museum on the environmental values of the protected area and the Vestino territory. The Naturalistic Museum, set up in a room of the Visitor Centre of the Reserve, owned by the municipality, was inaugurated on 8 May 1994, on the occasion of the presentation of the unpublished book "Birds of Abruzzo and Molise" by the illustrious ornithologist Nicola de Leone, who lived in Penne at the beginning of our century.
The Tostiano Institute, established in 1983, is an institution of musical commitment and deals with the dissemination of the life and works of the composer Francesco Paolo Tosti (Ortona, April 9, 1846 - Rome, December 2, 1916), other musicians from Abruzzo, and more generally vocal chamber music and other areas of musical culture. It is housed in the Renaissance Palazzo Corvo, which also houses the Archivio Francesco Paolo Tosti - Museo Musicale d'Abruzzo, inaugurated on 9 April 1994.
The Michetti Museum (Mu.Mi.) is located in Piazza San Domenico adjacent to the homonymous building dating back to the first half of the seventeenth century in the heart of the upper district of the city of Francavilla al Mare. The Museum, named after the artist Francesco Paolo Michetti, who lived most of his life in Francavilla from 1873 to 1929, the year of his death, is structured on two levels. In the lower room are exposed, one in front of the other, two original paintings by Francesco Paolo Michetti: 'The Snakes' and 'Storpi'.
The museum displays examples of tapestries, fabrics, some models of cannons from the 1700s, paintings from the 1800s and maps of ancient Abruzzo, sacred vestments from the 1700s, military decorations and knights, as well as paintings, prints and photographs by Salle in both ancient and modern settings. The history, the events of the Castle of Salle and the annexed Museum will arouse the interest and curiosity of visitors and lovers of history in general and Abruzzo in particular.
Established at the behest of the municipal administration of Città S. Angelo in 1998 (former tobacco factory). Since 2001, the institution has pursued the aim of keeping the pre-existing space open at all times, as a laboratory for experimentation and research, useful for all the possible expressions of contemporary visual art.
The place has become a meeting and working place for the artists who, for the first time in the summer of 2003, exhibited a collection that is the synthesis of their work in this workshop.
The International Museum of Women in Art -MIDA - is the only one of its kind in Italy and Europe. It is located in the municipality of SCONTRONE, a small village of 200 inhabitants, and has so far supplied 100 works of painting, sculpture and photography by one hundred artists from 35 countries around the world.
The Stanislao Kuckiewicz International Fly Fishing Museum is a sports museum located in the premises of the former Convent of La Maddalena in Castel di Sangro (AQ).
Inaugurated on 24 September 2000, thanks to a project of the Italian School of Fly Fishing (S.I.M.) in collaboration with the Municipality of Castel di Sangro, Associazione Pescasportivi Sangro and the section of Castel di Sangro of the ArcheoClub of Italy, currently enjoys a good international reputation attracting many visitors.
It displays photographs, documents and equipment specialised in fly fishing.
The Museum, the only one of its kind in Abruzzo, is housed in the Ducal Castle of Palena, a recently restored building dating back to the 11th century. It consists of three sections: the Knowledge Room, the Aventine Room, the Palena Room.
The Ex Libris Mediterraneo Museum in Ortona, second in Italy and third in Europe, is dedicated to the ex libris, a figurative mark, often accompanied by a motto, which is applied on the finish line of the book to define its ownership (lett. "from the books of").
The Museum contains more than a thousand objects: most of them date back to the period between the end of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth, but some wooden artifacts also date back to the eighteenth century. It summarizes and enhances the peculiar and original aspects of the forestry and pastoral civilization and of the craftsmanship of the Teramo area.