Skip to main content
x
Navelli
Navelli

Navelli stands on a hill and to get there means to be enchanted by the graceful delicacy of its ancient village: here the houses are still built in gray stone and overlook narrow, winding streets, with steps carved directly into the rock. However, Navelli has always been famous for a product that has become, over time, a symbol of its territory: saffron. This rare and precious spice, which was once used in medicine and in cosmetics, was the heart of its economy.

civitella del Tronto
Civitella del Tronto

In the high Abruzzo, very close to the Marche region, Civitella del Tronto rises: it has always been a borderland and, in particular, a sentinel time of the Kingdom of Naples between the Kingdom of Naples and the Papal State. The village finds its interest in the fortunate geographical position, combined with the monumental memories of its bright past, and enjoys an enviable glimpse that can put together the view of the Gran Sasso d'Italia and the nearby Adriatic Sea.

Missionary Ethnographic Museum - Pratola Peligna (aq)

The Missionary Ethnographic Museum, set up thanks to the illustrious fellow citizen Father Salvatore Zavarella, who handed over important finds from every continent free of charge, was set up by the Municipality with the financial assistance of the local Cooperative Credit Bank.

The Colella Palace, restored, houses our museum that collects relics of the Franciscan Missions in the world. 

Diocesan Civic Museum Complex - Sulmona (AQ)

The Cultural Pole of Santa Chiara, located in the former convent of the same name, includes the Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art, the Municipal Picture Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, the Diocesan Library. The institution was born within the project of restoration, reuse and enhancement of the monumental heritage "Sulmona city of art", activated by the Superintendence for Environmental, Architectural, Artistic and Historical Heritage for Abruzzo, which has allowed the recovery of some of the most significant historical and artistic emergencies of the city and its surroundings.

Pinacoteca Patiniana - Castel di Sangro (AQ)

It is a significant set of paintings fired by Theophilus Patini to form the core of the Municipal Art Gallery, which, - thanks to the insights and commitment lavished in the late eighties by the Mayor Ing. Syro Piero Gargano and the decisive operations conducted with ancient passion for art by the Mayor Adv. Roberto Fiocca from the nineties to the present moment when the continuation of the project finds the full and convinced support of the new Mayor, Ing.

Civic Gallery of Modern Art - Avezzano (AQ)

The Civic Gallery of Modern Art has been set up in the Orsini-Colonna Castle and exhibits sculptures, paintings and graphics acquired since 1949, the year of the first Marsicana exhibition of painting that would later be called the Premio Avezzano. Over the years the collection has been greatly enriched and today it is possible to admire the works of numerous artists. On the floor below the Pinacoteca is hosted a Multipurpose Room.

Pinacoteca Civica - Teramo

The Pinacoteca Civica is housed in a neoclassical building located in the Villa Comunale. Already the seat of the Provincial Economic Society, it was then purchased by the Municipality and in 1930 adapted to house a Museum. Rebuilt in 1958 and 1979, it was finally renovated in 1996.

Picture Gallery "Cascella" - Ortona (CH)

The Picture Gallery is located in the 16th century Palazzo Farnese and houses works by Michele Cascella (1892-1989), a native of Ortona, his brother Thomas (1890-1968) and his father Basil (1860-1950). Michele Cascella has one of the most important collections (53 works) documenting more than eighty years of activity of the painter

University Museum of Chieti

The first nucleus of the exhibition was inaugurated at the "G. d'Annunzio" University in 1994 at Palazzo De Pasquale. Currently, the University Museum, formerly the Museum of the History of Biomedical Sciences, is located in the Palazzo "Arnaldo Mussolini", in the historical centre. In its specificity, it contributes to characterize the "G. d'Annunzio" University, constituting a "place of memory" and an exhibition space dedicated to the biological and medical aspects that emerge from archaeological, medical, anthropological and paleontological research.

Subscribe to