Skip to main content
x
Pinacoteca Civica - Teramo

The Pinacoteca Civica is housed in a neoclassical building located in the Villa Comunale. Already the seat of the Provincial Economic Society, it was then purchased by the Municipality and in 1930 adapted to house a Museum. Rebuilt in 1958 and 1979, it was finally renovated in 1996.

Picture Gallery "Cascella" - Ortona (CH)

The Picture Gallery is located in the 16th century Palazzo Farnese and houses works by Michele Cascella (1892-1989), a native of Ortona, his brother Thomas (1890-1968) and his father Basil (1860-1950). Michele Cascella has one of the most important collections (53 works) documenting more than eighty years of activity of the painter

University Museum of Chieti

The first nucleus of the exhibition was inaugurated at the "G. d'Annunzio" University in 1994 at Palazzo De Pasquale. Currently, the University Museum, formerly the Museum of the History of Biomedical Sciences, is located in the Palazzo "Arnaldo Mussolini", in the historical centre. In its specificity, it contributes to characterize the "G. d'Annunzio" University, constituting a "place of memory" and an exhibition space dedicated to the biological and medical aspects that emerge from archaeological, medical, anthropological and paleontological research.

Experimental Museum of Contemporary Art MUSPAC - L'Aquila

The MUSPAC has a permanent collection that includes works by international artists such as Joseph Beuys, Jannis Kounellis, Fabio Mauri, Mario Merz, Michelangelo Pistoletto, Giulio Paolini and Italian artists of Abruzzo origin (see permanent collection).
The museum also has a multimedia library and a projection room where films, documentaries and art videos are shown on a daily basis.
Museum activities also include educational workshops, internships, conferences and seminars.

Palazzo De' Mayo Museum- Chieti
Palazzo de' Mayo is a monumental building of extraordinary value that stands in the historic center of the city of Chieti: a sixteenth- and eighteenth-century building, a splendid example of Baroque architecture in Abruzzo, with important dimensions and considerable architectural impact in the urban and artistic reality of the city. 
National Museum of Abruzzo - L'Aquila

The National Museum of Abruzzo, MUNDA, awaiting the restoration of the 16th century Castle, reopened its doors at the temporary headquarters of the former slaughterhouse of L'Aquila in Borgo Rivera in front of the monumental Fountain of 99 Spouts. The museum, reopened in December 2015, is now housed in the former slaughterhouse, a building of the '30s of the twentieth century, renovated with cutting-edge anti-seismic criteria. Part of the collection comes from the castle of L'Aquila (1534-1567), a grandiose building built by the Spanish on the site of a smaller fortress.

Naturalistic and Archaeological Museum "Maurizio Locati" - Lama dei Peligni (CH)

The Museum is a laboratory where visitors are invited to interact and touch with their own hands the naturalistic and archaeological finds that tell the history of the Majella territory and highlight its floro-faunal characteristics. The protagonist of the nature section is Abruzzo chamois: here are illustrated the environments in which he lives, his physical and behavioral characteristics, the various phases of the "chamois operation", which allowed the reintroduction on the Majella.

"P. Barrasso" Museum - Caramanico Terme (PE)

Naturalistic and Archaeological Museum dedicated to Paolo Barrasso, a well-known biologist who died on the Morrone mountain in 1991; here the most significant aspects of Majella are illustrated, thanks to the naturalistic section, which reproduces the different environments of the Park, and to the archaeological one, which collects finds from different periods.
Next to the Museum is the Study Centre, which has a conference room, an updated naturalistic library, a video library, a diatheque and a scientific laboratory. 

Museo Musicale "Francesco Paolo Tosti" - Ortona (CH)

The Tostiano Institute, established in 1983, is an institution of musical commitment and deals with the dissemination of the life and works of the composer Francesco Paolo Tosti (Ortona, April 9, 1846 - Rome, December 2, 1916), other musicians from Abruzzo, and more generally vocal chamber music and other areas of musical culture. It is housed in the Renaissance Palazzo Corvo, which also houses the Archivio Francesco Paolo Tosti - Museo Musicale d'Abruzzo, inaugurated on 9 April 1994.

Michetti Museum - Francavilla ( Ch)

The Michetti Museum (Mu.Mi.) is located in Piazza San Domenico adjacent to the homonymous building dating back to the first half of the seventeenth century in the heart of the upper district of the city of Francavilla al Mare. The Museum, named after the artist Francesco Paolo Michetti, who lived most of his life in Francavilla from 1873 to 1929, the year of his death, is structured on two levels. In the lower room are exposed, one in front of the other, two original paintings by Francesco Paolo Michetti: 'The Snakes' and 'Storpi'.

Subscribe to