The village of Penne extends over four hills between the valleys of the rivers Tavo and Fino: from the village you can enjoy a panorama of great charm and gaze rests on the surrounding hills, the green woods, on the many olive trees that cover the hills and streams that cross the most low-lying areas. Pre-Roman city, ancient capital of the Italian population of Vestini, known to the Romans as "Pinna Vestinorum", is located at the same distance from the Adriatic Sea and the Gran Sasso of Italy.
Opi is a small perched village, nestled in the heart of the national park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise.
Surrounded by a mountain landscape of great charm, it has two vantage points from which the eye sweeps over the expanses of the Valle del Sangro: the Belvedere La Foce, located at the top of the village, and the Belvedere in Piazza dei Caduti.
Navelli stands on a hill and to get there means to be enchanted by the graceful delicacy of its ancient village: here the houses are still built in gray stone and overlook narrow, winding streets, with steps carved directly into the rock. However, Navelli has always been famous for a product that has become, over time, a symbol of its territory: saffron. This rare and precious spice, which was once used in medicine and in cosmetics, was the heart of its economy.
In the high Abruzzo, very close to the Marche region, Civitella del Tronto rises: it has always been a borderland and, in particular, a sentinel time of the Kingdom of Naples between the Kingdom of Naples and the Papal State. The village finds its interest in the fortunate geographical position, combined with the monumental memories of its bright past, and enjoys an enviable glimpse that can put together the view of the Gran Sasso d'Italia and the nearby Adriatic Sea.
The cave has been discovered in 1573 by the military engigneer Francesco de Marchi who penetrated in a natural cave inside the mountain for half kilometer. The cave is equipped with lighting and gangways that allow the visitor to admire the beautiful stalactites and stalagmites. The suggestive pipe organ room takes the name from the sound made by the stalactites when they are moving. There are also two small lakes. The Holy Mary Cave with a chappel ruins is situated at the bottom of underlying rocky side.
Le Grotte del Cavallone sono un complesso di cavità naturali, che, per la selvaggia bellezza e per la maestosità dello scenario, D'Annunzio le prescelse per ambientarvi il secondo atto de "La Figlia di Jorio". Si trovano nel cuore del Parco Nazionale della Majella, a circa 1475 m. di altitudine e sono facilmente raggiungibili mediante una telecabina che conduce dalla SS.84 vicino all'ingresso. Prima di raggiungere l'ingresso vero e proprio della grotta vi è un percorso a piedi di circa 10 minuti, composto da un primo tratto in sterrato e un secondo in scalini.
Grotte di Stiffe is one of central Italy’s most famous karst cave. The entrance is located in the rocky side near San Demetrio Ne’ Vestini. The guided tour develops for 700 meters and a river runs through the which water comes from the many sinkholes located in the karst plateau of Rocca di Mezzo. Walking along the river you will find many small lakes, rapids and waterfall up to 20 meters high. The flow depends of the season and the underground landscapes changes continuously.
The trek is based on the mighty figure of the Majella massif that in the Amaro mountain has the second top of the Apennines. A place still mysterious today chosen in the past as a place of work for the shepherds, a refuge for brigands, places of meditation for anchorites who have built many hermitages on this mountain. Rough places but just for this fascinating. It starts from the natural reserve of Fara San Martino. It is characterized by extensive mountain pine formations, vast beech forests and spontaneous black pine cores.
Campotosto is situated 43 Km far from L'Aquila city on the northern shore of the Campotosto Lake. The village is situated on a slope at 1420 mt above sea level on the righte shore of the Fucino river. The village has been under the Amatrice jurisdiction until the 18. century and then it became part of the l'Aquila county. In 1388 the fight between L'Aquila and Amatrice due to border issues caused many damages to Campotosto. During the first half of the 16.