Skip to main content
x
Majolica Museum - Rapino (CH)

The Museum of Ceramics of Rapino was founded in December 2003, with the intention of revaluing an ancient art that has carried the name of Rapino around the world, it is located in the ancient convent of San Antonio, an architectural complex dating back to 1645 and consists of different rooms, each characterized by works by different authors, eras and styles, among them, the Museum boasts the preservation of valuable pieces of the most authoritative representatives of majolica art of Rapino, such as Bozzelli, Vitacolonna and Bontempo.

Majolica Museum - Castelli (TE)

Housed in the former Franciscan convent of Santa Maria in Constantinople, the museum houses numerous works from the early Middle Ages to the present day, donated mainly by the citizens of Castelli. The wonderful objects exhibited in the ancient rooms belong to artists from some famous families such as Grue, Gentili, Cappelletti and Fuina. The exhibition allows you to retrace the entire history of the prestigious castle majolica, starting with the beautiful pharmacy vases of the so-called type "Orsini Colonna", now also preserved in the most important museums in the world.

Museo of the Battle (MUBA) - Ortona (CH)

The Museum documents the dramatic events of the war in 1943, which earned the city of Ortona the award of the Gold Medal for Civil Valor. It was inaugurated on 6 May 2002 with the intervention of the Canadian Ambassador. The Museum is dedicated to the memory of the 1314 civilian victims and to the many Canadian and German soldiers who died during the Battle of Hortona. It aims to be a place for reflection on the cruelty and uselessness of war, transmitting a message of peace to the new generations.

Oil Museum - Loreto Aprutino (PE)

Situated in the ancient Amorotti Castle, it retraces the various phases of oil production, the primary wealth of the Vestino territory, showing tools and machinery from ancient times to the present day. The Museum is closed on Mondays in summer, while in winter it is open only on Saturdays and Sundays.

The cost of admission is 6 euros and also includes a visit to the Acerbo Museum and the Archaeological Museum of Loreto Aprutino tel. 085 8291589

To know more

Emigration Museum - Cansano (AQ)

This is an original and refined photographic research of the late 1800s which, moving from Ellis Island, the small island in the bay of New York, where 26 million emigrants passed in a hundred years, describes with literary, poetic and psychological cues, all the pain that lies behind every detachment. Therefore, a true metaphor of emigration as a journey of discovery, truly interesting, not only for the scientific rigor, but for the strong existential cues that evoke the set of images dense with pathos.

Tel.086440266

Museum of Art and Technology of Confetti - Sulmona (AQ)

The Museum contains machinery, memorabilia, memories, rare and precious objects connected with the ancient art of the production of sugared almonds in Sulmona. The Museum, created by Olindo Pelino, intends to present itself as a due act of recognition to all the ancient confectioners who from the late Middle Ages onwards have helped to create the reputation of Sulmona as a city of sugared almonds.

Water Museum - Villetta Barrea (aq)

"The blue veins of the Earth", with this name, Villetta Barrea and the Ente Parco Nazionale D'Abruzzo, wanted to emphasize the importance of water by creating a museum. The structure is equipped with 12 panels that exhaustively explain both the water system of the Park and the typical aquatic flora and fauna. There is also a very accurate diorama that reproduces the ideal habitat of the otter (Lutra Lutra). Upstairs there is a video room where you can watch movies.

Museo dell'Abruzzo Bizantino ed Altomedievale - Crecchio (CH)

The Museo dell'Abruzzo Bizantino and Altomedievale is housed in the Ducal Castle of Crecchio. The exposition of the finds is articulated on two floors of the Castle and collects exceptional finds that have allowed to reconstruct the civilization of the Byzantine Abruzzo. Two rooms on the first floor host a permanent exhibition entitled "Etruscans in Abruzzo". On the second floor, there are numerous finds found in the excavations carried out in the territory, which have brought to light the remains of a Byzantine settlement used between the sixth and seventh centuries AD.

Museum of Bobbin Lace - Pescocostanzo (AQ)

Palazzo Fanzago (1626-1642), so called in reference to its designer Cosimo Fanzago (from Bergamo), was intended to house the monastery of the Poor Clares of S. Scolastica. It is the most interesting public building, characterized by six large baroque niches (fake windows) that alternate with a closed and broken crown gable on the main facade, overlooking the Town Hall Square. Remarkable wooden shelves in the form of winged dragons (the invention of which can be attributed to Norberto Cicco, while the carving work to Palmerio Grasso) support the eaves.

Museum of the Apennine Wolf - Civitella Alfedena (AQ)

Established in 1976 within the Visitor Centre of the Park, it is a point of reference for the knowledge of the fauna area of the wolf. It illustrates the biological characteristics of this species, its living conditions in relation to the climate of the different seasons, the history of its difficult relationship with man. A visit to the museum offers an opportunity to re-evaluate the role of an animal considered by the communities of the mountain as an irreducible enemy of shepherds and flocks.

Subscribe to