Cathedral Museum - Guardiagrele (CH)
The "Don Domenico Grossi" Museum exhibits a precious collection of objects of sacred art and jewellery. It is housed in the premises of the medieval crypt and, in three rooms, collects the most important pieces from the cathedral from other city churches. The works on display range from the fourteenth century to 1700. In the first room there are liturgical vestments in brocade, statues of saints and various 18th century wooden reliquaries; in the second room there are the fragments of the silver processional cross by Nicola da Guardiagrele, signed and dated 1431 and the sculptural group of the Coronation of the Virgin, housed until a few years ago in the lunette of the portal and considered the masterpiece of regional sculptural art. At the centre of the room is the Madonna of Help, a wooden statue painted and gilded dating from the fifteenth century. The third room, finally, exhibits a carved wooden casket and a beautiful cross-reliquary painted wood, both from the '300, along with monstrance and thuribles from churches guardians.